Orphanage. Chapter 14 – The Kids
Today, I’ll tell you about the kids from the Building #3. This building looks more like a day care center, because it is inhabited by normal healthy kids.
06. Yehor. He’s 4, but he is way too serious and developed for his age. It seems like he’s older than all the others.
11. Slavik. He was brought here first when we were working here in Vorzel. He’s joyful and fast. At first, he kept solitary, but with time he got used to the others and now plays with them. He likes to listen to books.
15. I think this girl’s name is Nastya. She is 2 and she does not speak, yet. She loves to play ball. Is very quit.
19. Artem. He has a mom, who has another (third) kid now. But, for some unknown reason she is not taking Artem and his sister Liza home. He’s 2. Smiles all the time. Does not talk too much, though.
20. He is a bit quieter than his sister – mainly because the only word he can say at the moment is "а-da!” which in his language means practically everything. He meets you with a smile, waves at you, and hugs by the neck! He’s learned to throw kisses when saying good-bye, which melts your heart. Just as his sister, he is full of energy. He loves to explore—everything from dirt to grass on it to leaves and birds in the trees. He looks at things and wants to touch them all. It is impossible to make sure his hands are clean! He likes climbing, sliding, playing with toys that make sounds or move. He is very inquisitive.
21. And this is Liza, Artem’s sister. She just a great girl, active, does not need entertaining—she can entertain herself and others at that. She is never in one place, always playing with her best friend Dasha.
22. Liza is full of energy! She loves talking... She is the absolute leader of the group, and sometimes puts on this commanding manner with other kids. She knows very well what she likes or wants—things just have to be her way. Liza has a great potential to become beautiful, strong and independent personality, who will influence this world in the future!
23. She loves grass hoppers, snails, bugs, butterflies, and all the rest of… bugs. It’s like this indescribable passion of hers. She catches them, carries inside her palm, and shows to the other kids.
25. Liza became my favorite from the very start! I always wanted to be near her.
26. This is Dasha, Liza’s friend. Joyful, smart, and very mobile girl. Loves playing with Liza on the slide and making up stories.
29. Nadya. She has two sisters at this orphanage, Nina and Oksana. Their mother receives a pension to take care of them, but she does not—she does not take them home.
30. Nadya loves playing with the cam. She has a special talent for photography, and that at only 6. She is the oldest of the three sisters. As soon as she turns 7, she will be sent off to a boarding schools. She will have to fight for herself there with all the older kids. And, she’ll be torn away from her sisters.
Unfortunately, these three girls can be adopted only by a Ukrainian family, which limits their prospects greatly.
32. Nina. She drew my attention at once. She loved the swing. She loved me go running with her. Loved painting nails and taking pictures with my camera.
35. Oksana. Oksana is very quiet, but very nice. And she likes playing alone.
36. Oksana, Nadya and Nina’s youngest sister.
37. Slavik. The teachers are afraid he will soon be transferred to a boarding school. Slavik is very kind and obedient kid. He loves helping adults with the younger kids.
38. Slavik loves making faces.
39. Slavikа has a younger brother, Andrey. Andrey is also joyful and friendly. He loves making soap bubbles. But, sometimes he gets really frustrated when the bubbles do not work. Slavik and Andrey are very much alike.
41. Yasya. People wanted to adopt her several times, but could not. She cannot be adopted. She loves dancing. I think one of her parents was a Roma (at least partially).